We love exploring neighborhoods and urban nature from our own base in West Seattle. We hope to meet you on one of our walks!
What is it about exploring stairways in Seattle that inspired us to write a book?
1) Stairway walking and neighborhood exploration is fun!
2) It's surprising. On stairway walks you'll discover countless artistic, architectural and historical treasures you might never have seen otherwise.
3) It's absorbing. On stairway walks you have time to get immersed in a neighborhood. You can meet locals, and hear their stories.
4) It's spectacular! Seattle has some of the most beautiful, complicated urban topography in the U.S. Stairway walks are the perfect way to take it in.
5) It's the urban outdoors. Bring your bird or plant i.d. book!
6) It's healthy. Stairway walking burns about twice the calories as walking on a flat surface!